Sunday, September 6, 2015

Blog Post 1: My Goals for this Semester



               Hello! My name is Madeline Clark, I'll be sharing my journey through my marketing course this semester.  I'm a sophomore at Saint Mike's, with a Business major and French minor. My goals after graduation are to enter the marketing field of business, I believe the creativity that marketing allows suits my personality and skill set. No matter which business field I enter, I would like to work for a company here in Vermont. For now, I'm studying hard and trying to experience as many wonderful opportunities as I can while at school. This year I am a Core Team Leader for MOVE (the volunteering program at Saint Mike's) and a member of the Liturgical Choir. I hope to become a confident leader for MOVE and a positive addition to the chapel's choir.  I'm really busy but I make sure to find time to enjoy Vermont's beautiful landscape from hiking up mountains, to sea kayaking on Lake Champlain! This year I aim to get outside more, even when it gets cold. I hope to continue cross country skiing and do more downhill skiing. I think getting outside (even in the winter) shouldn't be too hard with the gorgeous surroundings just minutes from campus.  I truly don't think I could have chosen a better school or location!

                 This semester I'm taking Marketing, Medieval Christianity, French 2, and Macroeconomics. I hope to work a bit this fall while at school and save for a five week study abroad session in Paris this summer. I believe studying French in France, and speaking the language on a daily basis will really help me become fluent. I think fluency in French would be incredibly helpful if I remain in Vermont for work. With Montreal and Quebec not too far away from Burlington, I believe my ability to speak the language wouldn't go to waste!

              Right now, I'm really excited for Marketing because of the practical, real-world, feel of the assignments. Through the group marketing simulations, and independent presentations, I hope to get a good feel for working on a marketing team, and learning to think like a marketer when it comes to identifying what consumer's want and need. I hope that completing the two advertisement presentations and the TED Talk presentation we have been assigned will help me to gain confidence and poise while presenting material in front of a large group. Ultimately, I believe this course will make it easier to decide if marketing truly is the field for me, or if I should look towards other areas of business.

                 There is a brief glimpse of my life at present! I hope to have lots of good news to share about my studies as the semester continues. I will aim to share all of my newfound business knowledge with you and demonstrate the intellectual growth I am experiencing here at Saint Mike's. Be sure to check out my blog in the upcoming weeks as I detail my experiences through a marketing lens. Please leave comments too, I love feedback!



             

No comments:

Post a Comment